Enjoy single sign-on status when a Genesys Club member. Choose your favorite casino to sign up, then use your logins to access all the others without having to remember different passwords!
The 8th of February marks the beginning of the Chinese New Year, which will be the Year of the Monkey this time around.
In Chinese culture, the beginning of the year is all about chasing away bad luck and attracting good luck. This is especially significant for all types of casino games, which feature very prominently in Chinese culture, where not only the good luck you attract matters, but also the good luck you make!
‘Making’ good luck involves for the most part, the use of special numbers. 8 has great significance in Chinese culture because ‘Eight’ has a similar pronunciation to ‘wealth’ or ‘fortune’, for this reason, this number is considered very lucky and denotes good fortune. So whether it be an $88 bet or even an $888 bet, the total of your poker hand adding up to anything 8 or even the time being 8 o clock when you play, it will all add to your good fortune.
All 5 Genesys Club Casinos, will be catering to the great amounts of good fortune that players will be wooing, and part of that luck will pay off in the form of promotions and offers. Mandarin Palace Casino will be celebrating the Chinese New Year over February, so keep your eyes on your mailbox.
Because winning is just as important in Chinese culture as it is in any other, many strategies are employed to not only directly affect the playing of casino games, but also the luck surrounding them. Giving money away on New Year, is said to bring good fortune. This is meant to come back to you many times over in one form or another, and hence the reason for gambling. Casino games offer the most obvious way for your gifts to come back to you with ten, hundred or thousand fold wins!
Genesys Club Casinos are your ultimate Chinese New Year destination. With a huge selection of video slots, video pokers, table games, roulette, keno and scratch cards, you’ll find ample winning opportunities to maximise your luck!
Find your Chinese animal sign and meaning below, and remember to make the most of the New Year’s good luck!
Which Chinese Zodiac sign are you?
Your sign is derived from the year you were born in the Chinese lunar calendar.
- Rat: 2008, 1996, 1984, 1972, 1960
- Ox: 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, 1961
- Tiger: 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, 1962
- Rabbit: 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963
- Dragon: 2012, 2000, 1988, 1976, 1964
- Snake: 2013, 2001, 1989, 1977, 1965
- Horse: 2014, 2002, 1990, 1978, 1966
- Sheep: 2015, 2003, 1991, 1979, 1967
- Monkey: 2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968
- Rooster: 2017, 2005, 1993, 1981, 1969
- Dog: 2018, 2006, 1994, 1982, 1970
- Pig: 2019, 2007, 1995, 1983, 1971
What does your Chinese zodiac sign mean?
In Chinese astrology, the 12 animal zodiac signs each have unique characteristics.
- Rat: Intelligent, adaptable, quick-witted, charming, artistic, sociable.
- Ox: Loyal, reliable, thorough, strong, reasonable, steady, determined.
- Tiger: Enthusiastic, courageous, ambitious, leadership, confidence, charismatic.
- Rabbit: Trustworthy, empathic, modest, diplomatic, sincere, sociable, caretakers.
- Dragon: Lucky, flexible, eccentric, imaginative, artistic, spiritual, charismatic.
- Snake: Philosophical, organized, intelligent, intuitive, elegant, attentive, decisive.
- Horse: Adaptable, loyal, courageous, ambitious, intelligent, adventurous, strong.
- Sheep: Tasteful, crafty, warm, elegant, charming, intuitive, sensitive, calm.
- Monkey: Quick-witted, charming, lucky, adaptable, bright, versatile, lively, smart.
- Rooster: Honest, energetic, intelligent, flamboyant, flexible, diverse, confident.
- Dog: Loyal, sociable, courageous, diligent, steady, lively, adaptable, smart.
- Pig: Honorable, philanthropic, determined, optimistic, sincere, sociable.